Yarmouth Summer Celebration Sand Sculpture Photo Contest 2017
The Sand Sculptures are back! Since we started this event, the Sand Sculpture Trail has grown to one of the longest in the world, this year a total of 41! Thanks to all the generous businesses that commissioned sculptures to support the Yarmouth Summer Celebration!
Again, we are offering the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Photo Contest. Prizes will be awarded for each of three categories: Best Collection, Most Artistic, and Signature Photo. New this year is the opportunity to vote for your favorite sculpture.
Vote for your Favorite Sand Sculpture:
- Email your vote for your favorite sculpture (Bass River Beach signature sculpture excluded) to CelebrateYarmouthInc@gmail.com
- Enter into the subject line “VOTE”.
- In the body, include the merchant and location of the sculpture.
- One entry per person, please.
Photo Contest Rules:
Winning entries will be awarded prizes for gift certificates to local business establishments. Each entry must include all requested information to qualify.
Download the Sand Sculpture Map to access the location of all 41 sculptures.
STAND BACK! Don’t get too close – Photos taken “inside the rope” or touching the sand sculptures will be disqualified from the contest, and frowned upon in general.
CAPTURE: Take the photo with your camera, phone or tablet.
SEND: Send us an email to the following address: CelebrateYarmouthInc@gmail.com
- SUBJECT: “Yarmouth Sand Sculptures 2017”
- INCLUDE: Your Category of Entry, Name, Phone Number & Address and attach the photos you would like to enter.
- ATTACH: Your pictures must include a caption for each and the name of merchant MUST BE INCLUDED in the email to qualify.
- AGREE: By sending this email, you agree to allow the Celebrate Yarmouth committee to use your photos in print and online. Credit will be given to the name included in the email.
CATEGORIES: Anyone who follows the above rules will be entered to win in the following categories:
- Best Collection – Anyone who captures photos of all 41 sculptures and follows the rules above will qualify for this category. Due to data size, please limit your photos to three per email.
- Most Artistic – We’ve had some very creative photos submitted in the past, so let’s see more!
- Signature Photo 2017 – Quality counts! If you can only visit one or two sand sculptures, make your photo the best it can be. A prize will be awarded to the person who takes the one photo that could be used in marketing the 2018 Sand Sculpture Trail. This photo should be submitted as a high-resolution (300 dpi) image suitable for print and web use.
The entry phase will end on Labor Day (9/4/2017). Prizes will be announced on Monday, September 18, 2017 by 8:00 pm.
That’s it! HAVE FUN & thank you for sharing your Sand Sculpture photos from the Yarmouth Summer Celebration!
View the winners from the 2016 photo contest.
Yarmouth Resort, George Davis, Red Jacket Resorts, Cape Cod Irish Village, Town of Yarmouth Parks and Recreation, Hearth N’ Kettle, Piccadilly Deli, Yarmouth Police K-9 Team, Companion Animal Program (CAP) – Pet Therapy, East Coast Trophy & Engraving, Mid Cape Pet & Seed Supply Inc., The Skipper Restaurant and Chowder House, Putter’s Paradise, Lil’ Caboose Ice Cream & Hot Dogs, Ben and Jerry’s, Cooper Landscaping, St. Pius X Catholic Church, Bass River Yacht Club, Yoga Neighborhood, Yarmouth Art Guild, Taylor Bray Farm, Ballroom Bliss, Riverview Bait & Tackle, Town of Yarmouth Natural Resources, Marshall K. Lovelette Insurance Agency Inc.