Yarmouth Summer Celebration Sand Sculpture Photo Contest 2017
The Sand Sculpture’s are back! Since we started this event, the Sand Sculpture Trail has grown to one of the longest in the world! That’s all thanks to the generous businesses that commission for the build of the sculptures to support the Yarmouth Summer Celebration!
Again this year, we are offering the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Photo Contest. Prizes will be awarded for each of the three categories: Best Collection, Most Artistic, and Signature Photo 2017. Our rules are simple! To enter, visit each of the sand sculptures identified on the Trail Map. Snap pictures of each sculpture, assess, then decide which category you are submitting. Send an email to CelebrateYarmouthInc@gmail.com with your entries and tell us about them. It’s that simple. The ENTRY phase will end on Labor Day (9/4/17), so you have all summer to take photos. Prizes will be announced on Monday September 18, 2017 by 8:00 p.m.
Visit our Sand Sculpture Map Page to access and download the list. Once you have your map and know where you are going, here’s what to do…
STAND BACK! Don’t get too close – Photos taken “inside the rope” or touching the sand sculptures will be disqualified from the contest, and frowned upon in general.
CAPTURE: Take the photo with your camera, phone or tablet.
SEND: Send us an email to the following address: CelebrateYarmouthInc@gmail.com
- SUBJECT: “Yarmouth Sand Sculptures 2017”
- INCLUDE: Your Category of Entry, Name, Phone Number & Address AND attach the photos you would like to enter.
- ATTACH: Your pictures must include a caption for each and the name of merchant MUST BE INCLUDED in the email to qualify.
- AGREE: By sending this email, you agree to allow the Celebrate Yarmouth committee to use your photos in print and online. Credit will be given to the name included in the email.
WINNING: Anyone who follows the above rules will be entered to win prizes for gift certificates to local establishments to be awarded in the following categories:
- Best Collection – Anyone who captures photos of all sculptures and follows the rules above will qualify for this category. Due to data size, please limit your photos to three per email.
- Most Artistic – We’ve had some very creative photos submitted in the past, so let’s see more!
- Signature Photo 2017 – Quality counts! If you can only visit one or two sand sculptures, make your photo the best it can be. A prize will be awarded to the person who takes the one photo that could be used in marketing the 2018 Sand Sculpture Trail. This photo should be submitted as a high-resolution (300 dpi) image suitable for print and web use.
Vote for your Favorite – Not interested in entering the contest? Feel free to send us an email with your vote for your favorite sculpture (Bass River Beach signature sculpture excluded). Enter into the Subject line “VOTE”. In the body, include the merchant and location of the sculpture. Your votes will be shared with participating merchants!
That’s it! HAVE FUN & thank you for sharing your Sand Sculpture photos from the Yarmouth Summer Celebration!
View the winners from the 2016 photo contest.